Sunday, November 8, 2009

OOTD X2 + FOTD; Halloween And A New Occupation








_ Lace dress from Topshop
_ Black skirt from H&M
_ Tights from H&M
_ Knee-high heart socks from somewhere...
_ Black ribbon from H&M (The belt to the skirt)
_ Black Mary Janes from Aldo


OMG. That screencap is awful.
Hello again, remember me?
Anyways, I'm back, with an extremely belated Halloween post.
The day before Halloween I decided to go to a friend's Halloween party, but I needed a costume to be allowed in.
Conundrum.

So I decided to go as a dolly, since I wear so much lace anyway.
Plus the make-up could be cool.

SideNote;
As I said in the video, I didn't have time to take a picture, so that's what the Youtube video's all about.



Face;
Almay Nearly Nude Foundation
MAC Studio Fix Concealer in NC15
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light
MAC Powder Blush in Cheek
MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof! (Highlight)
MAC Fluidline Gel Eyeliner in Blacktrack (The outline of the heart)
MAC Lipstick in Show Orchid (To fill in the heart)

Eyes;
MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
MAC Fluidline Gel Eyeliner in Blacktrack
MAC Eyeshadows in Beauty Marked (Eyebrows and bottom eyeliner) and Phloof! (Highlight)
Some sort of black mascara

Lips;
MAC Lipstick in Show Orchid
MAC Fluidline Gel Eyeliner in Blacktrack (For the stitches)

To make me look more like a doll, I used more foundation and concealer than usual, added highlight to my nose to make it shiny, double-winged my eyeliner, put black eyeliner on the outer corners of my eyes to make them look bigger, and added more mascara to make my lashes as long as possible.

All in all, it was a cute costume; I didn't look like a tool in an ill-fitting store-bought costume, nor was I dressed as a sexy nurse/cheerleader/police woman/devil/some kind of half assed animal.



Nails Of The Day! Or the past week, actually.
'Greenwich Village' by OPI; if I'd known I was going to go to the Halloween party sooner, I would have done this colour to match my costume, but green is kind of Halloween-y.
I love this colour; I originally bough 'Gargantuan Green Grape' by OPI when I was looking for a green polish, and it was OK, but too pastel. Then this came out shortly after, and I wasted ten dollars.
C'est la vie, now I have both.

Personal update, since I now have a job, I won't have as much time to post, but on the flip side, I don't have to spend the day in pajamas, so I'll have more outfits to wear.


_ Lace Dress from Topshop
_ Black oversized blazer by Only
_ Black leggings form American Apparel
_ Black rosary necklace and cameo ring (not shown) by Tarina Tarantino
_ Black embellished flats from Aldo

Buh, I have to buy new clothes for work desperately, but I don't know what I want. Dresses, but I can't find anything I like.


QuestionOfTheDay;
Are you allowed to do your hair/make-up/nails and wear whatever clothes to work that you want? Do you have restrictions? Does it bug you?


Love.

2 comments:

  1. The videos cute! and by the way my animal costume was defs not half assed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I meant the girls who wear lingerie and cat/bunny ears.
    Like in 'Mean Girls'.

    ReplyDelete