Friday, July 29, 2011

OOTD; Richmond Night Market



Blouse, belt, and bracelet from Club Monaco; Jeans from H&M; Watch from Value Village; Necklace by Pyrrha; Bracelet by Chan Luu; Earrings and bag are my mothers; Shoes from Aldo;

Summer in Vancouver means the return of the Richmond Night Market; stalls open in the evening carrying goods important from Asia (some legal, most not) and while shopping is the focus, it's not why people really come.
The real reason? The food. My favourites include takoyaki (octopus), egg puffs, and (obviously) bubble tea.

These photos were taken by my friend Kelly in the fading light by the lot in Richmond where the Night Market takes place. That night I succumbed to $30 worth of 3D nail decals which will be worn with all the gyaru fervour I can muster (a lot).

More Seventies inspiration; I love blouses. They're just so much simpler and classic than a t shirt. I promise the nest outfit will be a little something different than all these flares.

On another note, my face hurts; I had my wisdom teeth about two days ago and my god, am I ever swollen. I gasped when I saw myself the day after my surgery; I have quite a shapely face, if I do say so myself, and my cheek bones are quite prominent. They're gone, replaced with chipmunk cheeks. My sister laughed when she saw my grotesque visage and my aunt sighed
"Oh dear."

No youtube videos until I am healed!


Love.

2 comments:

  1. You are really stylish, I love your sense of style!
    I am so afraid of wisdom teeth, I haven't had mine yet:(

    Following you now on Google, I would love it if you followed me back!

    Stories and Sequins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I don't mean to scare you more, but my surgery caused some pretty heavy infections, SO I am back to three kinds of pills and smelling of dentist office >.<

    ReplyDelete