Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blog Faaaaaaaail.

I'm just getting the hang of a blog, so don't judge me. I know I should have posted earlier about the fashion show and such, and I know I should have taken pictures of the show itself/what I wore.
But I'm new to this blogging thing, and it didn't cross my mind.
I promise to remedy my thinking.

Anyways, the show was on Thursday. It was called 'Fibre, Naturally' and the garments were all constructed, or at least partially constructed, with paper. Does that make sense? Basically what I'm trying to say is that they were made of Korean Kanji paper.
The show went off without a hitch, despite being slightly late. My model was a bit high maintenance, but I made it work in the end.
Some of the stuff was just fantastic. I wish I could have taken pictures of it all, but I just had no time inbetween the garments.

If you want to know more about the fashion show, and the gallery, you can go to the website
here.

On Sunday I gallery sat for the Kanji exhibit, which was in conjunction with the fashion show. If you have any chance to see these pieces, you really should. The stuff is gourgeous.
This all took place on Granville Island, which was cool because I hadn't been there in a while. Actually, the day before (Saturday) I had been watching tapes with my family from when I was three and my sister was just a baby, and there was one of me chasing seagulls at Granville Island. Ironic, as now I am terrified of birds (I'm looking at you, pidgeons at the London Eye). My mom, dad and I had a coffee after my session at the gallery was over, and we walked around the island.

Now, if you don't know Vancouver or have never been, I'll explain something to you; we're a casual city. What I mean by that is that no one dresses up to go out. No one wears heels, and very rarely do I ever see a full face of make-up. I don't fit the Vancouver stereotype. So when I go out, I always get looks or second glances, and this time I was wearing a full on lace dress, heels, and big, leopard print sunglasses (picture to come).

I can't count how many times I've had my picture taken by a photographer, and I don't mean that in a bragging way at all. When was in London this summer, I looked positively demure. But in Vancouver, no one dresses to the nines (Like my old timey slang? I'm bringing it back), and my hipster friends and I are always on the receiving end of a camera flash.
Not that I'm complaining, unless I end up in Fashion Magazine as a 'don't'.

But even then, that'd probably be fun. I know a lot of my looks would cause a quick pimpslap to the face from many a famous magazine.

P.S. I promise to update more, and with pictures! I have a couple Outfit Of The Days, a how-to, at least one haul, and a make-up 'tutorial' kind of thing coming up. oh, and a movie review, if anyone's interested in my opinion on other things. Which they're probably not. But I'll give it anyway.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment